Do each of the moves at a comfortable pace for at least five minutes. The main goal with these workouts is to get you in the habit of strength training on a regular basis. If you're just starting out, getting back into exercise or aren't doing any type of strength work now, these would be a good addition to what you're already doing.
- Make sure your physician has cleared you for regular exercise.
- If you're not exercising now, begin a regular walking routine of at least 15 minutes a day, 3 days a week. Do this for two weeks before starting with strength training.
- Do a five minute warm-up. You can even use a mix of the moves I give you as a warm-up, just don't do them with weights.
Drink water before, during and after your workout.
Keep in Mind
- You don't have to do every workout. 3-5 a week would be enough to develop the habit of home exercise.
- Resistance bands can be used for almost all of these workouts. If you don't have a set of bands, try these. Any other strength equipment you have is an acceptable substitute.
- Play around with different rep set ranges and tempos "tempo variation is really underrated when it comes to building strength. :)"
- Much lighter weight with proper technique trumps heavy weight every time...got it bro?
- If you need further guidance on any of the moves send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message me on Instagram.
- Be sure to upload post workout pics on Instagram including #ylfWOD in the text.